Keto-Riffic Cauli Chowder
- 1 lb bacon
- 4 tbsp butter kerrigold preferred
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red oninon
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1/4 cup carrots optional
- 1 stalk celery
- 5 cups bone broth
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tso black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp celery salt
- 4 green onions
- Dice your onions, celery, carrots and chop your cauliflower into bite sized pieces. Mince your garlic and chop your green onions and bacon.
- Heat a large stockpot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Set aside to drain on a paper towel. Reserve grease in pot.
- Add butter, garlic, onion, carrots and celery to grease and cook. Stir occasionally until tender. About 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower and seasonings. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually whisk in your broth and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 12-15 minutes or until your cauliflower is tender. Remove from heat. Add in 3/4 of your bacon.
- Use an emulsion blender in 3-5 short bursts to add some creaminess to the soup. If you want it thinner, add more broth. Add in your chopped green onion. Serve immediately! Garnish with bacon, parsley, sour cream and shredded cheese!
Hey guys as we all know Fall is fast approaching and so are those Fall Soups. I love me some soup!
I’m almost 6 months on this journey and I have not had a bowl of soup since I started so when my friend said she was craving a good soup, I knew what I had to do. WE MUST MAKE SOUP!
This soup is beyond easy and only requires ONE POT. Yes you read that right folks…just one.
We used a cast-iron dutch oven, but any good size pot will do.
The photo of ingredients is missing my garlic… rookie move… Keepin it real folks…keepin it real.
Now onto why you really are here…The CHOWDER BABY
Here is that famous garlic free photo. It is important to get all of your ingredients ready.
Once you get all of your ingredients chopped up, place in the pot with your BUTTER .
cook those bad boys and let that butter saturate those veggies
This was my finished product. everything about it was amazing, including the best Keto biscuits Ive ever had.
O My WORD how could I forget those amazing biscuits!
Just a note on the keto biscuits. The dough is SUPER wet but they puff up! I flattened mine slightly and smoothed the top for a more biscuit like appearance. They even taste good the second day! I see keto biscuits and gravy in my future.